Thali Cafe || Mogul Chicken Curry
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil for frying
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 4 large free-range chicken thighs (boneless and skinless) cut into thirds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10-15 fresh curry leaves
- 1 x 165ml can of coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Fresh chopped coriander
- Heat the oil in a heavy based pan until hot
- Add the cumin seeds and stir. Let them sizzle for a moment before adding the ginger and garlic, and then the onion.
- When the onion has started to soften, add the chicken and fry until a golden brown colour.
- Add the turmeric, fresh and tinned tomato, green chilli, salt and curry leaves. Keep the curry on a steady heat until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the coconut milk by stirring in the green cardamom powder and fresh coriander.
- Serve with steaming basmati rice or fresh roti.