Ingredients - For the Marinade
- 1/2tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2tsp chilli powder
- 1/2tsp garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- For the Prawns
- Sunflower oil for shallow frying
- 600g large raw prawns, shelled
- 6tbsp semolina
- Mix all the ingredients of the marinade and mix the prawns into it.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Roll some of the prawns in the semolina and place gently into the oil when it is hot. Reduce heat and fry the prawns for a couple of minutes on each side until done.
- Drain and remove onto kitchen paper. Drop in another batch of semolina coated prawns and proceed until all the prawns are done.
- Serve hot, accompanied by a crisp green salad.