Makes around 12 tikki
100g cooked black beans, without the juices
- 75g fresh leaf spinach
- 50g cheddar, cut into bite sized cubes
- 2 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Juice of half a lemon
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 6 tbsp breadcrumbs
- Wilt the spinach by pouring hot water over it and then refresh it in cold water. Drain any excess liquid and then use a food processor or finely chop it.
- Add the spices and seasonings and then the black beans.
- Blitz the black beans and turn the mixture into dough, then add the breadcrumbs and combine the mixture well.
- Using your palms, make small golf ball sized patties and then flatten them. Place one or two cubes of cheese in the centre and wrap the ball around them again.
- On a non-stick pan and on a low flame, heat 3 tbsp. vegetable oil and lightly brown each side of the tikk, then turn them over and cook them on the other side.
- Serve the tikki hot and oozing with cheese with hot chilli sauce. Makes around 12 tikki