Ingredients - For the Kebabs
- 3 tbsp Veeraswamy Butter chicken paste
- 150ml natural yoghurt
- 700g boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized chunks
For the bread
- 8 Paratha/chapati/flatbreads
- 20g butter
- 1 tsp Bart Nigella Seeds
- 1 tsp Bart Black Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds
For the salad
- 1tbsp Bart fenugreek seeds
- 1 ½ tbsp Bart Coriander seeds
- 10 Bart Curry leaves
- 1 carrot
- 5 radishes
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 spring onions
- 1 lime
Combine the butter chicken paste and yogurt in a large bowl. Chop the chicken into bite sized chunks, add to the bowl and stir well to coat. Cover and refrigerate to marinate for at least 2 hrs or over night.
- When you're ready to cook, start with the salad preparation. Heat the fenugreek, coriander seeds and curry leaves in the nut oil. When the seeds pop and become fragrant remove from the heat and set aside. Grate the carrot and radish, chop the cucumber and tomatoes into small chunks and slice the spring onions. Set aside.
- Prepare the butter for the flat breads. Heat a small pan with the nigella, black mustard and sesame seeds. When they pop and become fragrant remove from the heat and add the butter to the pan. Allow it to melt and combine with the seeds.
- Thread the marinated chicken onto 8 skewers. Heat the grill to hot and line the grill pan with foil. Grill the kebabs for 8 mins on each side until they are browned on the outside and cooked through.
- While they are cooking heat a large frying pan and heat the flat breads through one at a time. Once each is warmed brush with the seedy butter and keep warm
- Finally, toss the salad with the aromatic oil, lime juice and a good grind of Bart Rock salt.
- Wrap the chicken up in a flat bread with a good serving of chopped salad